The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you.
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Taxi drivers washing and waxing their cars
- The aromas of melons and fruits at the corner of Hernandez Macias and Canal as the vendor slices fruits and places them into cups
- The busy-ness of Insurgentes with its uniformed school kids, people catching buses, families walking home, older women carrying their shopping bags, old men gossiping, teen girls laughing
- The tienda owner at the corner of Guadiana and Las Moras who now interrupts his conversation with friends to greet me when I walk by
- The women at the corner of Las Moras and Cinco de Mayo who greet me each time I walk by, though I’ve never bought aguacates or nopales or anything else from them